Can't find what you're looking for?
The piece just arrived via UPS and all we can say is WOW! Please pass along our pleasure at receiving this piece back in this quality. It’s outstanding. We’ve dealt with you for many years. Well over $15,000 in restorations. Several years ago we hand delivered 20 pieces all at once, then also picked them up. It was like a party with pieces all over your lobby! You are the best and we like quality.- Tim and Jamie - Pennsylvania
Like Us On Facebook
Porcelain and Ceramics
Not as Strong as You Think!We find many people don't realize how brittle porcelain and ceramic pieces are—whether they're old or new. Improper handling is a major source of damage to your porcelain and ceramic items, so we've compiled this list of valuable
suggestionsfor the care and handling of porcelain and ceramic art objects and collectibles.
Suggestions for Caring for Your Porcelain and Ceramic
- When moving porcelain and ceramic objects, always carry one object or one part of an object at a time.
- It is best to place your hands around the body of the object rather than using an existing handle, rim, or spout for support.
- In general, porcelain and ceramics should be stored and displayed on sturdy, level surfaces that are secure from bumps and jarring.
- Objects should be covered or enclosed to protect them from dirt and dust.
- Newspaper and acidic newsprint paper can cause discoloration and stains and should not be used for wrapping or long-term storage of ceramics and glass.
- Each time a piece is handled for cleaning there is a greater risk of breakage. It is better to protect pieces from soil and dust, rather than wash them too often.
- replacement of missing parts
All of the before and after images are of actual items that we have repaired, restored and/or conserved.
Is It Beyond Repair? We Don't Think So.We combine years of experience with the latest technology to restore ceramic objects you might think are beyond help. Let our conservators apply proven techniques to the repair, restoration and conservation of your ceramic or porcelain piece, whether it's a priceless object or beloved vase that sat on your mother's dining room table.
How Good Is Our Repair?All repairs are fully reversible, to ensure the highest quality restoration of your piece and to maintain its integrity.
- Restoration of missing or lost pieces
- Repair of chips, cracks, and even multiple pieces
- Elimination of damaged areas through fill, prime, paint, and glaze
"You are wonderful artists. Sincere compliments and thanks for the perfect repairs and shipping. We are very proud of our Boehm roadrunner and brown thrasher."Contact Us